The structure of some materials can be badly damaged when affected by welding or soldering; in order prevent this, sometimes rivet-binding is used to do the fixing, and spare parts are also rivet-bound. It is exactly for this reason that riveting is the favourite non-loosening binding solution of machine, mechanical and light industry. As the same time, you, a jack of all trades can also make great use of riveting when facing everyday problems, especially if you do not have welding equipment and screw fitting is not an amenable option. Riveted metal structures are durable, solid and binding can be loosened only by damaging the material. That is why we offer you extra large, large, hemisphere and recessed-headed pop rivets. What are the materials? It is mostly steel, aluminium, corrosion-free (A2 AISI304) or acid-resistant (A4AISI316), possibly yellow copper. When selecting the material, requirements of solidity, electro-corrosion and, naturally, aesthetics should be taken into account. The material is usually selected with regard to electro-chemical corrosion, so it is normally identical to that of the object to which it is going to be bound. When making the binds, the rivet fulfils functions related to solidity (cutting and splitting) and to sealing to some extent. Sealing can be done by closed and drill-filling traditional screws; of screws with great solidity, Monobolt and Hemlok are the appropriate solution.
There is a wide range of screws, your choice depending on the function you need to have fulfilled. It is the rivet structure that determines the relation and strength between the parts to be bound. The POP rivet is composed of two main parts. One is the rivet body, responsible for rivet binding. The other is the pulling thread, responsible for the pulling of the rivet. It is a rivet type perfectly suitable to bind two or more board spare parts together. POP riveting is a special way, it is quick, employed in several mechanical areas, but it is not unknown to household use either. It is often used when we have to bind together leather, aluminium and iron plates.
To ensure quality and safety, you have to take into account several factors when planning to buy POP rivets. Its behaviour after insertion, together with solidity requirements, is influenced by material quality and design. To make sure that you select the most appropriate rivet, you need to take these factors into account.
What are these features? The head of the rivet, contraction force, the fixing of the pulling thread, drill-filling capacity, counter-lateral extension, degree of density or watertightness are all factors to be considered.
There are detailed databases on the splitting and cutting solidity of screws. If you are aware of binding solidity requirements, you can easily select the product with the suitable diameter.
What data will you find? For example, head design, length, nominal drill diameter, or the proportion of rivet diameter to board thickness.
Masterfix rivets – Great solidity, different head types
Masterfix has a 25-year experience in the industry, specialized in blind rivets and riveting equipment. It offers you standard rivets in various materials (aluminium, steel, anti-corrosion, acid-resistant, yellow copper) and types (head and design).
The Masterfix rivets have great solidity and offer several advantages to demanding tasks as well.
- They have exceptionally high cutting and splitting solidity, which makes them suitable for use in situations where you need not only full load but also reliability.
- Great rear washer deformation;
- Great resistance to vibration.
Monobolt and Interlock type rivet. Their biggest advantage is that they have a wide span range and are suitable for drill-filling,
- thanks to their great solidity. Also, they
- have high cutting and splitting solidity values,
- resistance to strong vibration,
- higher watertightness (reduced water insinuation)
- non-loosening binding as they have a special pulling thread-design.
Monobolt needs a special riveting head, Interlock doesn’t.
There are several factors that can trigger the amortization of solidity and sealing; therefore, choosing the appropriate drill and rivet sizes is of great importance.
For this reason, ask for a professional’s help when searching in order to avoid typical riveting mistakes, and to surely pick the best rivet when ordering a "rivet fleet".
- 1021 Aluminium/Aluminium D head rivet
- 1031 Aluminium/Steel D head rivet
- 1032 Aluminium/Steel large head rivet
- 1033 Aluminium/Steel extra large head rivet
- 1034 Aluminium/Steel recessed head rivet
- 1071 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion D head rivet
- 1041 Steel/Steel D head rivet
- 1044 Steel/Steel recessed head rivet
- 1051 Anti-corrosion/Anti-corrosion D head rivet
- 1054 Anti-corrosion/Anti-corrosion recessed head rivet
- 1541 Acid-resistant/Acid-resistant D head rivet
- 1101 Copper/Steel D head rivet
- 1151 Copper/Bronze D head rivet
- 1211 Aluminium/Aluminium D head rivet
- 1201 Aluminium/Steel D head closed rivet
- 1204 Aluminium/Steel recessed head closed rivet
- 1231 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion D head closed rivet
- 1234 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion recessed head closed rivet
- 1241 Steel/Steel recessed head closed rivet
- 1261 Anti-corrosion/Anti-corrosion D head closed rivet
- 1251 Copper/Steel D head closed rivet
- 1281 Copper/Anti-corrosion D head closed rivet
PLIA drill-filling rivet
- 1001 Aluminium/Steel D head drill-filling rivet
- 1002 Aluminium/Steel large head drill-filling rivet
- 1003 Aluminium/Steel extra large head drill-filling rivet
- 1004 Aluminium/Steel recessed head drill-filling rivet
- 1171 Aluminium/Steel D head drill-filling rivet (white)
- 1181 Aluminium/Steel D head drill-filling rivet (black)
- 1441 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion D head drill-filling rivet
- 1443 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion extra large head drill-filling rivet
- 1444 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion recessed head drill-filling rivet
- 1461 Steel/Steel D head drill-filling rivet
- 1451 Anti-corrosion/Anti-corrosion D head drill-filling rivet
- 1301 Aluminium/Steel D head splitting rivet
- 1361 Aluminium/Aluminium D head splitting rivet
- 1601 Aluminium/Steel D head ring rivet
- 1803 Aluminium/Anti-corrosion D head rivet (to hammer)
Great solidity rivet
- 1791 Steel/Steel D head P-lock rivet
- 1471 Steel/Steel D head MASTERLOCK rivet
- 1474 Steel/Steel recessed head MASTERLOCK rivet
- 1511 Aluminium/Aluminium D head MASTERLOCK rivet
- 1514 Aluminium/Aluminium recessed head MASTERLOCK rivet
- 1561 Steel/Steel D head MASTERLOCK II rivet